Thursday 27 January 2011

Sketching Practice

It's been so long since I've posted anything on my blog, I'm suprised (but glad) that anyone is still following it. I didn't have a very productive end to 2010 in terms of getting out and painting, constant deadlines at work and then the early snow saw to that. Still, it gave me time to reflect on what I managed to achieve and how I would like to build on that in the coming year.

One area I felt I needed to concentrate on was my observations drawing, particulary outdoors. It is something I enjoy and can squeeze into the limited time available, at the moment. The sketches below were drawn in the car park of our local supermarket with the exception of the first one, which I drew from an upstairs window at home.









Sailor fountain pen, Noodlers Bulletproof ink, Moleskine A6.

No comments:

Post a Comment